Purpose of men’s Ministry
Our Purpose is to define authentic manhood. In our society, being a man is confusing. There are a number of definitions according to the world’s standards. We will look at the Biblical call to be a real man as one who rejects passivity, accepts responsibility, leads courageously and invests in eternity.
The purpose of the Men’s Ministry at Glorious Church is expressed in Colossians 1:28
“That we may present every man complete in Christ.”
What does it mean to be “complete in Christ” as a man?
To be complete in Christ means that we are happy in being a man! We provide for our families. We provide for our family, fight for righteousness sake, have close male friends that encourage us and are faithful to our wife (or keeping ourselves sexually pure before marriage).
In Proverbs 27:17 we are told, “As iron sharpens iron, so one man sharpens another.” Strong men build up other strong men.
The Men’s Ministry has been in place since the inception of the Church. It provides a forum for the Men to serve in the Body of Christ Positively.
THE WORD POSITVE STANDS FOR:
- P – Prayerful (1 Thess. 5: 17)
- O – Observant (Psalm 119: 34; Prov. 23:26)
- S – Steadfast (1 Cor. 15:58)
- I – Incorruptible (1 Cor. 15: 33)
- T – Truthful (Psalm 51:6; Prov. 23:23)
- I – Intuitive (James 1: 5)
- V – Versatile (John 2:3, 5)
- E – Expectant (Psalm 62:15)
The mission of the Men’s Ministry is to worship, serve, and glorify God by touching lives through discipleship, fellowship and mutual caring.
OUR AIMS AND OBJECTIVES:
- Pursue and ensure spiritual growth among the Men
- Become productive instruments in the Body of Christ (John 15:5)
- Uphold and communicate sound Biblical principles in the raising of our children (Prov. 22:6)
- Support and encourage one another in love (Prov. 27:17; Phil. 2:4)
- Train up younger Men to become responsible Men in their homes
- Bring sinners to the personal knowledge of our Lord Jesus Christ (Mat. 28: 19).
The Positive Women’s Ministry meets twice a month (First Saturday and First Sunday of each month). Its activities include, but not limited to
- Bible studies
- Bible discussions
- Bible quizzes
- Testimonies and visitations.